If you have an online business or taking your business online, then the United Kingdom (UK) is the perfect market place to expand. We will help with everything you need to showcase your wonderful product or service and grow your business within the UK market. Our expert knowledge of digital marketing combined with our local insight will give your business a competitive edge and expose your brand to the prospective target group with highest purchasing potential, at an optimised cost per click.
Why Grow Your Business in the UK market
Insight to why the UK is an attractive market place to expand your business, online:
- UK population: 67,886,011 million
- On average, there are 2.4 people per household
- Women represent 49.6% of the total population
- 83.2% of the population lives in urban areas. The main cities are London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham and Sheffield.
- 81% of adults aged 25-64 have completed upper secondary education
- 75% of people aged 15 to 64 in the United Kingdom have a paid job
- 86.7% of the active population are employed while 12.7% are entrepreneurs and self-employed
- People in the United Kingdom earn USD 43 732 per year on average
- The average household net adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 28 715 a year
- The main factors influencing purchase are price, quality, design, brand or environmental benefits
- Virtually all adults aged 16 to 44 years in the UK are internet users (99%)
- Social networks are also important in the purchase decision. The penetration rate is 58%, and Facebook is the main network.
- More of the United Kingdom consumers are shifting to online purchases and services, and many intend to continue after COVID-19 subsides.
- 73% access internet using a mobile phone or smartphone.
- Search engines used in the UK are Google (82.85%), followed by Bing (12.1%)
- 44 million active social media users in the UK
- Social media platforms in the United Kingdom ranked by market share were Facebook (63.76%), followed by Twitter (14.89%), Pinterest (10.38%), YouTube (3.96%), Instagram (3.23%), Tumblr (1.81%), reddit (0.69%) and LinkedIn (0.67%)
- Facebook is popular among those aged between 25-34, of which 5.6 million women and 5.6 million men
- The total number of Facebook users in 2018 was 32 million (and is expected to rise to about 41 million by 2021), making it the largest platform by far, followed by Twitter (with 20 million users), YouTube (19.1 million), LinkedIn (19 million), Instagram (14 million), Snapchat (13.6 million), Google+ (12.6 million), Pinterest (10.3 million), Tumblr (9 million) and reddit (6.6 million)
- The British e-commerce market is by far the biggest in Europe. With a total value of US$978 Billion (2018), it is worth almost twice as much the second biggest market, France.
- Growth rate of 14.3%
- 59% of digital buyers in the UK made online purchases using their smartphone in 2017
- Those aged between 55 and 64 have had the largest rise in the last decade, a 30% rise since 2008
- The most popular purchases were clothes and sports goods, bought by 56% of people
- Household goods were the next most popular items, purchased by 50% of people
- 44% Holiday accommodation
- 31% had bought from sellers in the EU countries
- Credit cards are the most popular payment method
- Total E-commerce sales is US$978 Billion (2018)
- B2C E-commerce sales US$281 Billion (2018)
- B2B & B2G E-commerce sales US$233 Billion (2018)
Opportunity To Grow Your Business in the UK market from Denmark
Denmark exports to United Kingdom was US$6.09 Billion during 2019, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade.
See here the list of what is currently exported to the UK from Denmark:
As the data suggest, there is a huge demand for Danish products in the UK, giving you an opportunity for your business to expand within the UK market.
Contact us today. Together, we will successfully take your product and brand into the UK market.
Data Sources: https://import-export.societegenerale.fr/en & https://tradingeconomics.com & https://www.statista.com